Thursday, April 1, 2010

Seven Interesting Things about me

Nominated by Sort of Writing for this, here goes.I have avoided where possible blatant name dropping as its too easy and to be fair I've met a lot of famous people through my work. However as you'll see some were too famous to leave out.

1)In one day I spoke to Steve Jobs using the isight camera and set Bono up to link in live to the MacExpo in the US to launch the U2 itunes music service.

2)I once gave my wife fake flowers by accident and didn't realise it until after I had given them to her. I don't know where they are now but suspect they were binned a long time ago.We are still married and I won't make that mistake again.

3)My Great Aunt was nanny to the Romanov Children and my grandmother was in the Guinness Book of Records as the oldest practicing GP in the world for a while. She was 93 when she stopped practicing and lived to 103.

4) When I was three I fell from the top of a haybarn and landed on my back in the farmyard. I was unharmed and don't think there was any lasting damage.I'll leave that for others to judge.

5)I have only ever won one competition , where I sent a riddle in to go on an Ice Cream stick. I won a Kodak Instamatic camera which my brother broke within two hours of me getting it. All I can say is he should not of been on top of the Fridge in the first place and I'm not bitter.

6) I started driving at the age of eight (tractors).

7) I was on stage at the Gaiety pantomime with Maureen Potter & Des Keogh. I had to sing "Hubba Hubba Hubba" along with other poor unfortunates from the audience. I still am unable to think of this without cringing.

There you go, some interesting, some not so much so.

4 comments:

  1. You gave her fake flowers?
    Wow. Im sure she still has them. Im actually going to looking for them now.

    By the way, whos Steve Jobs..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the fake flowers, am now checking my jewellery for fake stones, you were still married up until I read about the fake flowers,
    all that driving since an early age and you still having trouble with it.
    Great post, enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did the haybarn recover ? very interesting, as for the fake flowers !no comment, but I will say that you are a good driver, should have started practicing myself at 8, there's no hope for us Walter Mittys in that commute! or is it Mr Magoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete