Thursday, April 1, 2010

I am an Individual

If I tell myself enough I'll believe it, I am not a number, I am fighting against the breakdown of our society and its headlong crash towards the worship of worldly goods as a measure of a person.

Mostly in my head (as I am also a pacifist and abhor violence)and also some of those people scare me.

So when the conversation turns to what people want, what they got and what they need next, I tend to drift away to the special place in my mind reserved for the appearing to listen but not really doing so.An art most males of my age have perfected. It only really requires the odd 'Hmmm', and 'I see' and 'really' interjected at suitable times.It doesn't really matter as people don't really want to hear what I have to say in reply, they are in the main just looking for approval for what they have to say.

I am not and never will be impressed with peoples material wealth. I don't care about whether their kitchen cost 10 euro or 10K euro. I don't care if they have a tent in Cork or a holiday home in Spain. I don't care if they have a small, medium or large mortgage. What I do care about is people and how they treat other people.

There....the rant is over ... and you know what it feels good...maybe I should do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stepford, what an interesting perspective, some of it sounds familiar, especially THE TITLE of your blog,
    to welcome you to Blogland I have nominated you for an award, check out my blog (to see what a good one looks like - HA Ha)
    Keep the rants coming as long as they dont name me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Your actually a good blogger!
    I like your layout, and your profiles confusing, But altogether its BRILLIANT!

    As Mam Said, keep ranting as long as it doesnt name me!

    ReplyDelete